Roku arrives in Brazil
Roku TV launches in
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200121005343/en/
“I’m delighted to bring
AOC Roku TV
At the heart of the
The new AOC Roku TV lineup includes:
- 32-inch: HD with integrated wired and wireless connectivity
- 43-inch: FHD with integrated wired and wireless connectivity
Additional AOC Roku TV features include:
- Simplicity: A simpler smart TV experience that displays all the entertainment options (streaming, cable/satellite, antenna) on one personalized home screen.
- Roku Search: Makes it easy to discover something great to watch. Simply search by title or actor to find shows or movies to watch.
- Roku Remote: A simple remote to navigate TV and streaming channels along with channel shortcut buttons.
Rokumobile app: Control the TV via the mobile remote or keyboard, enjoy private listening with headphones, available on both Android and iOS.
- Automatic Software updates: Receive new streaming channels and features automatically without lifting a finger.
What’s On: Globoplay
A key part of Roku’s entertainment experience is to offer the best local content in each country where the company operates. In
Globoplay is the largest Brazilian streaming platform that brings together internationally renowned movies and TV series, including exclusive productions that will only be available online, in addition to original Globo content. In order to allow users to enjoy direct access to Globoplay’s content, the Globoplay shortcut button will be added to the Roku TV remote control in
“Roku is an important partner for Globoplay’s expansion plans. This will improve the experience for those who consume streaming content on TV, and it will bring more competition and quality to the market,” said Erick Brêtas, General Director of Globoplay.
In addition to Globoplay, consumers in
- The Apple TV app to enjoy Apple TV+ and browse, buy or rent movies.
- BabyFirst TV to introduce young children to basic building blocks like numbers, colors, animals, art and music.
- The largest, fastest growing global sports streaming service DAZN to enjoy live football, basketball, boxing, tennis and more.
Audio streaming channel
Deezer, where you can enjoy more than 56 million tracks and 10+ million non-music content like podcasts, audio books and more.
- Google Play, to enjoy movies and TV programs on demand, including the latest blockbusters and the classics.
- Happy Kids to entertain and educate children of all ages with music, stories and activity guides.
HBO GO with the best of HBO’s exclusive content, including the eight seasons of the most acclaimed series of all-time “Game of Thrones,” hit series such as “Chernobyl” and “Big Little Lies,” as well as HBO Latin America original Brazilian hits such as “Joint Venture” (
Pico Da Neblina), “The Business” (O Negócio), PSI, and Magnífica 70, as well as movies, documentaries, HBOspecials, and Hollywoodblockbuster releases before any other subscription service.
- Brazilian streaming service Looke that allows users to enjoy movies and TV series when and where they want, by subscription and on demand.
Streaming entertainment service
Netflix,where users can enjoy Oscar-nominated movies such as The Irishman and Marriage Story.
- Brazilian educational channel Playkids, featuring great content for children.
Global audio streaming subscription service
Spotifyto enjoy access to millions of songs.
YouTube, to enjoy videos and music and upload original content.
Pricing and Availability
AOC Roku TV models will be available online on
*by hours streamed. Source: Kantar Roku Streaming Leadership Study,
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements that are based on our beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to us on the date of this press release. Forward-looking statements may involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These statements include but are not limited to the opportunities, benefits and impact of Roku’s entry into